Fatal Fire

Led to cardiac arrest

Evan Smith
May 21, 2019 - 2:23 pm
Categories: 

The Anderson County Coroner's Office says the victim of a small but deadly fire in a Williamston home early today had "an extensive medical history." 

EMS medics say 76 year old Gordon Edward Keene was in cardiac arrest on the front porch when they reached the home shortly before 3:00 a.m.  They were unable to revive him. 

Family members had already put out the fire in the victim's bedroom. 

The coroner says it was apparently started, "by the inappropriate disposal of a cigarette." 

The preliminary cause of death is smoke inhalation. 

Comments ()
Tags: