Building explosions

November 26, 2017 - 1:19 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo (AP) — Police say two explosions in Kosovo's northern Mitrovica region, where most of the ethnic Serb minority lives in the country, have caused material damage but no injuries. A statement says that two separate explosions from hand grenades early Sunday damaged the houses of two...
Read More
In this image from video run by China's CCTV, firefighters and people, right, walk near damaged buildings and vehicles following an explosion in Ningbo in east China's Zhejiang province, Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017. A factory explosion in a port south of Shanghai knocked down buildings and left streets littered with damaged cars and debris, news reports said.(CCTV via AP Video)
November 26, 2017 - 4:49 am
BEIJING (AP) — An explosion in a port city south of Shanghai on Sunday killed two people and injured at least 30 others, knocked down buildings and left streets littered with damaged cars and debris, the government and news reports said. The early morning explosion struck a riverfront neighborhood...
Read More
Police forensics work at the scene after a powerful explosion at the main entrance to a police station in Helsingborg, Sweden, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017. Swedish authorities said the explosion caused significant damage to the building. There have been no injuries and nobody has been arrested. (Johan Nilsson via TT News Agency via AP)
October 18, 2017 - 6:36 am
COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — A powerful explosion caused serious damage to a police station in southern Sweden early Wednesday, authorities said, adding that there were no injuries and nobody has been arrested. Police haven't said what caused the pre-dawn blast at the police station in Helsingborg,...
Read More
In this combination photo, four un-named alleged members of a terror cell accused of killing 15 people in attacks in Barcelona leaves a Civil Guard base on the outskirts of Madrid before appearing in court in Madrid, Spain, Tuesday Aug. 22, 2017. Four men were arrested last week for their alleged involvement in the planning or execution of attacks in Barcelona on Thursday and the northeastern resort town of Cambrils early Friday.(AP Photo)
August 22, 2017 - 11:29 am
MADRID (AP) — The Latest on news relating to the Spanish attacks (all times local): 5:20 p.m. A person who attended proceedings at Spain's National Court says attack suspect Driss Oukabir told the prosecutor he had rented the vans used in last week's attacks — but says he did that because he...
Read More
In this combination photo, four un-named alleged members of a terror cell accused of killing 15 people in attacks in Barcelona leaves a Civil Guard base on the outskirts of Madrid before appearing in court in Madrid, Spain, Tuesday Aug. 22, 2017. Four men were arrested last week for their alleged involvement in the planning or execution of attacks in Barcelona on Thursday and the northeastern resort town of Cambrils early Friday.(AP Photo)
August 22, 2017 - 8:03 am
MADRID (AP) — The Latest on news relating to the Spanish attacks (all times local): 1:55 p.m. Mohamed Houli Chemlal, a 21 year-old arrested after he survived an explosion at a house in eastern Spain last week, is the first of four arrested suspects to be interrogated at Spain's National Court on...
Read More
An image of suspect Younes Abouyaaqoub, released by the Spanish Interior Ministry on Monday Aug. 21, 2017. Moroccan suspect Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, is the final target of a manhunt that has been ongoing since the attacks, Catalan interior minister Joaquim Forn told Catalunya Radio that "everything indicates" that Abouyaaqoub was the driver of the van that plowed down Barcelona's emblematic Las Ramblas promenade on Thursday, killing 13 pedestrians and injuring more than 120 others. (Spanish Interior Ministry via AP)
August 21, 2017 - 9:24 am
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — The fugitive who mowed down tourists in Barcelona then stole a car and stabbed its owner to death as he made his getaway, Spanish authorities said Monday as they raised the death toll in the country's two vehicle attacks to 15. Younes Abouyaaqoub, 22, has been the target of...
Read More
Abdul Mohamed photographs the damage outside of the Dar Al Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington, Minn., on Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017. An explosion damaged a room and shattered windows as worshippers prepared for morning prayers early Saturday. (Courtney Pedroza/Star Tribune via AP)
August 07, 2017 - 5:48 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota mosque that was bombed over the weekend doesn't have outside security cameras that could have captured what happened, its executive director said Monday. Mohamed Omar, of the Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington, told The Associated Press that his...
Read More
Abdul Mohamed photographs the damage outside of the Dar Al Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington, Minn., on Sunday, Aug. 6, 2017. An explosion damaged a room and shattered windows as worshippers prepared for morning prayers early Saturday. (Courtney Pedroza/Star Tribune via AP)
August 07, 2017 - 2:54 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota mosque that was bombed over the weekend doesn't have outside security cameras that could have captured what happened, its executive director said Monday. Mohamed Omar, of the Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center in Bloomington, told The Associated Press that his...
Read More
Emergency personnel move away as a gas fire continues to burn following an explosion at Minnehaha Academy Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2017, in Minneapolis. Several people are unaccounted for after an explosion and partial building collapse Wednesday at a Minneapolis school, fire officials said. (David Joles/Star Tribune via AP)
August 04, 2017 - 9:14 am
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Workers may have been moving a gas meter when an explosion tore through a Minneapolis school building this week, killing two people and injuring at least nine others, according to federal investigators. A team from the National Transportation Safety Board arrived in Minneapolis...
Read More
Emergency workers respond to an explosion at Minnehaha Academy in Minneapolis Wednesday, Aug. 2, 2017. Assistant Fire Chief Bryan Tyner said it appears the explosion may have been caused by a ruptured gas line, but that the investigation is ongoing. (Aaron Lavinsky/Star Tribune via AP)
August 03, 2017 - 9:32 am
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Latest on the partial school building collapse in Minneapolis that killed two, injured others (all times local): 8:30 a.m. The National Transportation Safety Board says it's sending investigators to a Minneapolis school where an explosion and partial building collapse killed...
Read More

Pages