Massacres

Chemical attacks in Syria since 2012
April 05, 2017 - 6:45 am
BEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on the suspected chemical attack in Syria, the deadliest in years (all times local): 1:45 p.m. A pair of Israeli lawmakers is urging parliaments around the world to hold "emergency" discussions on the suspected chemical attack in Syria. Erel Margalit and Nachman Shai, both...
Read More
Chemical attacks in Syria since 2012
April 05, 2017 - 5:22 am
BEIRUT (AP) — The Latest on the suspected chemical attack in Syria, the deadliest in years (all times local): 12:20 p.m. Pope Francis has called a suspected chemical weapons attack that killed dozens, including many children, in Syria "an unacceptable massacre." The pope said Wednesday during his...
Read More
March 17, 2017 - 5:59 pm
BEIRUT (AP) — The United States struck an al-Qaida gathering in northern Syria, killing dozens of militants, U.S. officials said Friday. They said they found no basis for reports that civilians were killed. Syrian opposition activists said around 40 people, mostly civilians, were killed in a mosque...
Read More
March 17, 2017 - 10:52 am
BEIRUT (AP) — Friday prayers were cancelled in rebel-held parts of northern Syria after an airstrike that struck a crowded mosque, killing at least 40 people and wounded many others, Syrian opposition activists said. A powerful Syrian opposition group and other opposition activists blamed the U.S.-...
Read More
In this May 2014 photo, Michael Karkoc works in his yard in Minneapolis. Poland will seek the arrest and extradition of Karkoc, exposed by The Associated Press as a former commander in an SS-led unit that burned Polish villages and killed civilians in World War II, prosecutors said Monday, March 13, 2017. (Richard Sennott/Star Tribune via AP)
March 15, 2017 - 12:22 pm
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — A court in eastern Poland has issued an arrest warrant for a Minnesota man sought in a Nazi massacre, opening the way for Poland to seek his extradition from the United States. The Associated Press had previously identified the man as 98-year-old Michael Karkoc, an ex-...
Read More
In this May 2014 photo, Michael Karkoc works in his yard in Minneapolis. Poland will seek the arrest and extradition of Karkoc, exposed by The Associated Press as a former commander in an SS-led unit that burned Polish villages and killed civilians in World War II, prosecutors said Monday, March 13, 2017. (Richard Sennott/Star Tribune via AP)
March 15, 2017 - 12:00 pm
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — The Latest on a Polish court issuing an arrest warrant for a Minnesota man sought in a Nazi massacre (all times local): 4:05 p.m. The son of a Minnesota man who's the subject of an arrest warrant issued by a Polish court says his father is innocent of any war crimes. A judge...
Read More

Pages